Some Basic Driving Tips for Avoiding Orange County Car Accidents
At the Orange County law firm of Mosher & Skorina our car accident attorneys know about the horrendous statistics of car accidents in the area. According to California Highway Patrol, car accidents are consistently one of the top five causes of death in the United States. In California alone one person is killed every two and a half hours in a car collision and one person is injured every two minutes as a result of a traffic accident. At the law firm of Mosher & Skorina, we want you to avoid being one of these statistics. A car accident attorney wants you to understand how safe driving habits in Orange County can truly make a difference.
Car Accidents in Orange County and throughout California – Safe Driving Tips
Here are just some basic tips for practicing safe driving in the Orange County Area:
- Before you drive your car, do a simple safety check to make sure you vehicle is in good working order.
- Always wear your seat belt.
- Make sure you obey all speed limits and traffic signs.
- Never drive while under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
- Never talk on the cell phone. Cell phone use can increase your chance of a car accident by 400%.
- Make sure you are always aware and stay in control. Try not to get distracted while driving.
- In a convenient place, carry all contact numbers you will need in a case of an emergency, personal information, and information of any specific medical attention you might need.
- Always practice defensive driving. You should operate you vehicle to minimize car accidents and avoid others who may be driving poorly.
Contact us for help with your car accident in California
The law firm of Mosher & Skorina wants you to be safe when you get behind the wheel of your car. We know that unfortunate things happen and you can’t control everyone on the road. Following these basic driving tips can help you avoid a car accident and everything that comes along with it. Please practice safe driving.
If you have any questions or were involved in an Orange County car accident and need legal advice, contact us at 1-888-323-0402, or complete the web form.